Pakistan Air Force Retired Officers Association (PAFROAs) has been established with an aim to sort out various problems and difficulties being faced by the retired officers in connection with Govt/PAF policies. To achieve this, a central office with the name of Central PAFROA has been established at Air Headquarters under the Chairmanship of Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Administration) and sub offices with the name of regional PAFROAs at Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Rwp/Islamabad. These are functioning under the Chairmanship of senior and distinguished retired PAF officers. They hold meeting on monthly basis.
Initially Air Force Retired Officers Association (AFROA) was established at Peshawar in 1992 and the other regional offices were established at Rwp/Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi in 1994. The first Air Force Retired Officers Association (AFROA) central coordination meeting was held in 1995 at Air Headquarters. Air Force Retired Officers Association (AFROA) was renamed as Central Pakistan Air Force Retired Officers Association (Central PAFROA) and regional offices renamed as Regional PAFROAs in 2000.
- Promoting collective welfare activities for and on behalf of Regional PAFROA through the active participation of members
- Providing necessary information to the members in order to facilitate their rehabilitation in civil life after retirement
- Facilitating social, cultural and literary interaction among members and with other associations to enhance quality of their lives
- Providing a central platform for discussion of common problems faced by its regional associations to achieve their goals and to seek their solutions
- Ensuring provision of improved and easily accessible medical facilities to regional members
- Running the central association on non-commercial, non-political basis that serves charitable / welfare purposes only