In order to address the problems of retired officers regional PAFROA chapters are established at Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Rawalpindi respectively.
The composition of the Regional PAFROAs (general body) will be as under:-
Member Publicity and Public Relations
The organizational structure of Regional PAFROA is as under:-
The aims and objectives of Regional Associations are:-
- To promote collective welfare activities for and on behalf of regional PAFROAs through the active participation of members.
- To provide necessary information to the members in order to facilitate their rehabilitation in civil life after retirement.
- To facilitate social, cultural and literary interaction among members and other association to enhance quality of their lives.
- To provide a central platform for discussion of common problems faced by its Regional Associations to achieve their goals and to seek their solutions.
- To ensure provision of improved and easily accessible medical facilities to its members.
- To secure, receive, accept and manage funds, donations grants, endowments and any other movable properties from lawful sources within the country and to utilize them for furthering and promoting the aims and objects of the Regional Association.
- The Regional association shall confine its activities only to the aims and objects of the Regional Association and the income and property of the Regional Association from whatever sources derived should be appropriated towards the promotion of the objects of the Regional Association and no portion there-of should be paid by way of dividend, profit, bonus to any member, office bearer of the Regional Association or the office bearer or member concerned.
- The Regional Association will run on non-commercial, non-political basis and for charitable / welfare purposes only.
Duties and Functions of the General Body
The General Body shall oversee the implementation of the policies of the Association.
To consider and approve the annual report of activities of the association.
To approve the budget as prepared by the Executive Committee in consultation and guidance from the President.
The requirement of quorum for various General Body Meetings shall be as follows:-
- One third of the total strength of voting members shall constitute a quorum for all meetings of the General Body.
- In any General Body Meeting, Ordinary Meeting and Extraordinary Meeting (which has been convened by the President / Executive Committee), if the quorum is not complete within one hour of the scheduled time, such a meeting shall be adjourned to meeting at the same place and time on the same day in the following week. Such a meeting shall require no quorum.
- In case of Extraordinary Meeting (which has been requisitioned by the members), if the quorum is not complete within one hour of the fixed time, the notice shall stand vacated. The meeting shall be dispersed, without transaction any business and the fact will be so recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
Member Publicity and Public Relations
- To frame necessary rules to run the Regional Association besides having power for the interpretation of rules and regulations.
- To suspend, cancel or restore the membership of any member with a two-third majority of the Executive Committee.
- To act upon the policy of the Central Association and devise various means to give practical share to the policy of the Association.
- To approve any scheduled bank to deposit funds of the Regional Association.
- To approve annual reports along with audited statements of accounts.
- All retired Commander-in-Chiefs/Chiefs of the Air Staff residing in Pakistan are designated patrons of regional PAFROAs.
- All Air Officer Commanding Regional Air Commands, Air Defence Command and PAF Academy, Risalpur.
- Substantial contributors towards the welfare activities of the Central Association.
- Any eminent personality invited by the Executive Committee.
An application giving full particulars may be submitted on plain paper or prescribed form to the secretary of the Regional chapter of association.
Application undertakes to abide by the Memorandum and Articles of the Regional Association.
Entry/Annual membership fee may be charged as per the decision of Regional Executive Committee after the due approval of General Body meeting. Similarly the amount of life membership be decided by the Executive Committee of the chapter.
Any eligible retired officer who is eligible to become regular member and pays Rs 3,000/- as fee along with the application for life membership to the Secretary of Regional PAFROA shall be eligible to become a life member.
The following would be conferred honorary membership when nominated by the President. Such members would not be charged any subscription fee:-
Those who have rendered distinguished services for the cause of health, welfare and development of all retired service including PAF, PN, Pak Army, Para Military Forces, Civil Police, and all retired civil servant of Federal / Provincial Govts and other Senior Citizens of Pakistan.
Widows of PAF officers who had been the members of the Regional PAFROAs.
Any member who fails to pay annual membership subscription or other dues within 60 days of the due date shall be suspended from the membership by the President. Subsequently, after giving him 30 days notice, if the dues are not cleared, the membership may be terminated by the President.
Any member who acts in contravention of the aims and objectives of the Regional Association and / or grossly misbehaves, which includes deliberate act to hinder smooth working of the Regional Association may be suspended from the membership by the concerned President Regional PAFROA. In such cases, the member will be served with a show cause notice and asked to clarify his position within 15 days of the receipt of the notice. In case the member fails to respond or clarify his position to the satisfaction of the Executive Committee, his membership will be terminated.
The membership shall automatically cease in the event of resignation or death of the member. However, the widow of the deceased member of Regional PAFROA will continue to get the legitimate life time support.
Retired officers who were in the service of the Air Force before 14th August, 1947 will be exempted from the Entry Fee. However, they shall be required to pay the Annual Subscription for membership.
In case of restoration of membership, the applicant will not be required to pay entry fee. However, he shall be required to clear dues, if any.
Life Member shall be exempted from payment of Entry Fee and Annual Subscription.